Need a sand-like effect on your cake or dessert?
This is the perfect recipe for you!
This recipe is super simple and easy to make. It will only take about 5 minutes of your time and you only need three ingredients. YUP.
I like this recipe a lot because it really does feel like you are holding sand. Its got a two-toned color that makes it more realistic PLUS, you can write on it. You can have fun and play with it on your cake by writing a birthday message for example.
- 3/4 cup Graham Crumbs
- 50g Vanilla Wafers
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- In a blender, drop and blend the vanilla cookies until they are super fine.
- Transfer the cookies to a mixing bowl and add your graham crumbs and brown sugar.
- Using a whisk or a spatula, mix all three ingredients until well blended.
- Set aside until you are ready to use it.
- If you want your sand to be firmer or have this wet kind of feel to it, you can just add more brown sugar.
- This recipe will give you a lot of sand! You can see how much sand I used on my cake, I had about a cup left after.
- I used light brown sugar.
- You can also use a food processor instead of a blender.
- For storing, store “sand” in a sealed container out in room temperature. Don’t refrigerate.
- These were the exact ingredients that I used for this recipe:
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes