My husband and I are sharing a quick and easy step on how to cure your mackerel for your very own sushi night at home. As of now, you will only find a detailed instruction on how to cure your mackerel. But I will be updating this soon with a recipe. I promise.
- Clean and filet your fish.
- Pull out the pin bones before curing.
- Have a clean, dry tray and then create a thin layer of salt on your tray.
- Lay out your fish (skin down) on the salted tray.
- Sprinkle a good amount of salt on top of your fish.
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes in your fridge.
- Wash off the salt from your fish.
- Soak and marinade your fish in some Japanese Rice Vinegar for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade.
- Pat dry and slice.
Feel free to ask any questions!